Wastequip Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Date Policy Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“California Personal Information”). In particular, Wastequip has or may have collected the below categories of California Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months. We share, and in the past 12 months have shared, certain California Personal Information with our marketing and advertising partners for cross-contextual advertising purposes as further described herein. Otherwise, we do not sell, and in the past 12 months we have not sold, California Personal Information. Additionally, we do not sell or share, and in the past 12 months we have not sold or shared, California Personal Information of individuals we know to be under 16 years of age.
|Category of Personal Information||Examples|
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information)|
|D. Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, used to establish individual identity such as iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, browser settings, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement|
|G. Geolocation data||Physical location or movements|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g. 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records. J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g. 34 C.F.R. Part 99))|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information||Social Security Number, driver’s license number, state ID, passport number, bank account number, account log in information allowing access to an account, password or access credentials, precise geolocation data, race and ethnicity, content of mail, email, and text messages, unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication, genetic data, biometric information, personal information concerning a consumer’s health or sexual orientation, in each case as further described above in the relevant categories.|
Wastequip obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or questions you answer, correspondence you send to us, emergency contact/dependent(s) information you provide to us, biometric information you provide to us, or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website, employment agencies/recruiters that you interact with, online retail marketplaces where you purchase our products, social media that you interact with, refuse hauling providers that you interact with, financial institutions/lenders you interact with, our authorized dealers and distributors that you interact with, insurance and medical providers that you interact with, credit reporting agencies, educational institutions you attended, search engine providers, emergency contact/dependent(s) information provided to us, and from our service providers, contractors and third parties.
- Governmental entities. For example, from towns, cities, counties, states and other governmental agencies that we provide products and services to.
- Product Delivery Providers. For example, overnight delivery services, US Postal Service, and other carriers.
- Credit Reporting Agencies. For example, credit reports.
- Publicly Available Information. For example, internet phone and address listings, internet business listings, social media or other widely distributed media.
Use of Personal Information
For each of the above categories, we use the California Personal Information for a variety of business and commercial purposes such as:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of a consumer's personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with us;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, providing financing. providing analytic services, providing storage, and other similar services;
- Conducting internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Conducting activity to verify or maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, manufacture, control, or provide, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance such service or device; and
- Enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction, and encouraging consumers to buy, rent, lease, or provide products, goods, property, information or services.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’, contractors’, or third parties’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Wastequip will not collect additional categories of or use the California Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We retain each category of California Personal Information in accordance with our Retention Policy.
Disclosure of your California Personal Information
Wastequip may disclose your California Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose . When we disclose California Personal Information for a business purpose, we may enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Wastequip may have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Category D: Commercial information
Category E: Biometric information
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
Category G: Geolocation data
Category H: Sensory data
Category I: Professional or employment-related information
Category J: Non-public education information
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information
Category L: Sensitive Personal Information
We disclose personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Governmental Entities; Professional Advisors; Advertising Agencies; List Brokers; Internet Service Providers; Data Analytics Providers; Operating Systems and Platforms; Social Networks; Payment Processors; Financial/Lending Institutions; Financing Providers; Insurance Brokers and Providers; Maintenance, Assembly & Delivery Service Providers; Payroll Processors; Transportation and Shipping Providers; Billing Service Providers; Attorneys and Records Retrieval Providers; Background Check Providers; Human Resources Management Providers; Customer Relationship Management Providers; Enterprise Resource Planning Providers; Order Fulfillment Vendors; Accounting and Tax Providers; Vehicle Tracking System Service Provider; Employee Benefits Services Providers.
In addition, we may disclose your California Personal Information (i) in instances of pre-sale or due diligence activities during a potential sale of all or any part of Wastequip; and (ii) to entities owned in whole or in part by Wastequip and or to Wastequip’s parents.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold any categories of California Personal Information. However, we may sell your California Personal Information as an asset in connection with the sale of all or any part of Wastequip or its parents.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA, as amended, provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their California Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have certain rights related to your California Personal Information as set forth below. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights), we will disclose to you any of the following requested by you as required under the CCPA:
- The right to know what California Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of California Personal Information, the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing California Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose California Personal Information, and the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The right to correct inaccurate California Personal Information that we have collected about you.
- The right to delete California Personal Information that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to know what California Personal Information is sold or shared and to whom, including the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of California Personal Information that we have sold or shared about you and the categories of third parties wo whom the California Personal Information was sold or shared, by category or categories of California Personal Information for each category of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold or shared.
- The right to opt out of the sale or the sharing of California Personal Information.
- The right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes that, under applicable law, require us to support the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by applicable law, including the right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of your rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-888-693-8109; or
- Completing our privacy rights request form here.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it..
As required under applicable law, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide information such as your first name, last name, email address, the amount of your last transaction and the date of your last transaction to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. When you submit a request to exercise your rights above, we will use the information you provide to process your request and to maintain a record of your request and our response, as permitted under applicable law.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. To the extent permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We will attempt to verify your identity by matching information that you provide to us in your request to information we have in our files.
You may designate another person (an “agent”) to make a request on your behalf under the CCPA. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child. We require a notarized Power of Attorney in compliance with Cal. Probate Code Sections 4000 to 4465, signed by you, authorizing an agent to act on your behalf to make a request under the CCPA. Please instruct your agent to submit the notarized Power of Attorney to us by emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting your name and the date when the request was submitted in the email, when making this request. An agent under the CCPA is a natural person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf to make a request for you. If we do not receive the notarized Power of Attorney from your authorized agent, we will deny the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 total days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically PDF format or other readily useable format.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Wastequip reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Websites and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Websites, purchase of our products and services, application for employment, continuation of employment, or contact or continued contact with us following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.